Child PsychologyMiral Pithva | 8th February, 2016 Back to Blog
Child psychology sounds strange. Let us know first what is psychology? Let’s see the meaning of psychology.
Psychology is derived from the word ‘Psyche’ which means soul or mind. Psychology is a science which studies the human behaviour. It is “the science of behaviour and mind”. There are many branches of psychology. For example, educational psychology, child psychology etc.What is Child Psychology?
Child psychology is one of the branches of psychology, which is related to children. The study of child psychology is useful to understand children. It helps us to solve the problem of children in a better way.Psychology of the parents in this 21st century:
In this 21st century, parents want that their child must be educated. They want their child at first position and at a high level. But they fail to understand the feeling of their child. As a parent, it is very important to understand your child, his feelings, needs and emotions etc. But how can we understand a child? Child psychology helps us to understand children in a better way.Understand your child (with the help of child psychology):
There are some tips to know and understand a child. Let’s see the following:
- » First, observe the behaviour of your child towards people in the house. Observe the emotions like happiness, sadness and anger. Once you know the reason, you can understand your child in a better way.
- » If your child is weak, accept him with all his weaknesses. Try to know why he is weak. Give him strength to face his weaknesses and mistakes.
- » Don’t force your child to do what you want. First know what he wants to do. What is his interest? If he does what you want, he would not be happy.
- » When your child asks you questions, answer him, don’t stop him. In fact, you ask your child the questions related to school, friends etc. So that you can understand what your child is doing throughout the day.
- » Engage your child in different activities. Encourage him to do new things everyday. By this he learns to build confidence. Praise him when he does something creative or off some values.
- » If your child is not learning the way you are teaching then you must teach him in the way he learns. Look at the things from your child’s point of view. Give proper attention, care and love to him.
- » Spend quality time with your child. Tell him some interesting stories from which he can get knowledge. Explain what is discipline? Give examples of great people. So that he can learn from their life.
- » Never compare your child with other child, because every child has his own entity. If you compare, the child will be disappointed and it will ruin the development of the child.
ArchivesYear 2018 (23)Year 2017 (58)Year 2016 (30)Year 2015 (8)