Our EarthAmalavathi. Dasari | 2nd April, 2016 Back to Blog
The Earth has been in existence for around 4.6 billion years. We live on the Earth; we know this is the only planet we can live right know. We get everything for our life from mother earth. We should save our planet earth to ensure that our future generations get a safe environment. Total human population in the world is approx 73 billion. The United Nations estimates it will increase to 11.2 billion in the year 2100. We have been using natural resources like soil, wind, sun light, water etc. Can any one of us make spoonful of soil? To make about 1000 kg of paper it needs 17 trees and 28000 litres of water and energy equivalent of 3.5 barrels of oil. How many sheets of papers a person needs in his whole life span? Total 132 species of plants and animals listed as critically endangered in India only. How many animals and plants going to extinct in the world? Oxygen percentage in the sample of fossils from the age of dinosaur was 28% (130 m years ago), 29% (115m years ago), 35% (95 years ago) and 30 to 35% in pre historic times, Today only 21%. Imagine about next 10 years. India has enough rivers and water bodies; Even then we have to pay 1 Re to buy a water pouch. The ozone layer acts as a blanket in protecting the Mother Earth from the harmful ultra violet rays. But we, the loving children of the Mother Earth have depleted the ozone layer by our activities. These are the examples of “Humans consumes more than Earth can replace”
The main reason of the above mentioned problems are Human Beings. Mother Earth has given enough of that we need. What we are reflecting back: Noise pollution, soil pollution, Air pollution and Water pollution. To change this situation first we need to change ourselves. Everyone should remember the three "Rs": Reduce, Reuse, Re cycle. There are many ways through which we all can contribute in the protection and conservation of species and in keeping the earth clean. We should also try to lessen the use of natural resources so that there will be enough resources for the coming generation as well. We should find solutions to protect and save endangered species as they are essential part of our flora and fauna. Government and NGOs should open more and more wildlife sanctuaries, national parks and biosphere reserves. It’s upon you what type of future you want for the Future generations, For Your Children…Save Environment and let your Children Enjoy it too.What we can do?
There are little things we can do, each and every day to reduce the bad impacts on the Earth.
- • Save water and use less water.
- • Think before using non bio degradable things like plastic and rubber how to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- • Avoid wasting paper.
- • Instead of individual vehicles use public transport.
- • Grow small plants at home.
- • Turn off lights when you are not in room.
- • Instead of normal electric bulbs CFLs should be used.
- • Buy organic food to encourage the organic farming.
- • Compost should be prepared at homes.
- • Store water when rain comes.
- • Use CNG and PNG instead of Petrol and diesel.
- • Give importance to solar energy
- • Donate your old things to poor
- • Open the refrigerator door if you are not using
- • Reduce the use of mobile phones
- • Make sure to turn off the tap while brushing your teeth
- • Start using refillable bottles.
- • Use less electricity
- • Industries should check machines regularly.
These are the simple things which we can do to save our mother Earth. Small feet add up and definitely we will reach our goal.
ArchivesYear 2018 (15)Year 2017 (58)Year 2016 (30)Year 2015 (8)